Garden City Wanderers and Juan de Fuca Pathfinders Clubs Amalgamation
In November 2019, Garden City Wanderers and Juan de Fuca Pathfinders members decided to amalgamate the two clubs into a single club with the name Victoria Pathfinders Walking Club (VPWC). There were a number of reasons leading to this decision. Mainly, it just made sense. The two clubs cooperate extensively in developing a fully integrated program of walks annually, the members of each club are entitled to do walks put on by either club and there are efficiencies to be realized by having only one managing board.
Effective January 1, 2020, the two clubs started a transition process whereby all of their walks, events and PTs, membership and assets would be transferred to and administered by VPWC. During that transition period the two individual clubs will continue to operate. After VPWC holds its first general meeting, expected in the middle of the year 2020, the transition will be complete. At that time VPWC will be fully operational administering the complete integrated walk program of the two clubs which will then cease to operate. Going forward from then, there will be a single Volkssport Club in Victoria, the Victoria Pathfinders Walking Club.
The objectives of our club are:
- to contribute to the health and well-being of our members through their participation in programs of non-competitive, amateur, friendly, family-oriented volkssport walking events.
- to attract new club members through organization, promotion and safe operation of volkssport activities in the greater Victoria area and beyond.
- to collaborate with other volkssport clubs throughout British Columbia and beyond.
- to communicate with club members and volkssporters in general by various media.
- to perform the above in accordance with the standards established by: