Start point: My-Chosen Café, 4492 Happy Valley Road, Metchosin V9C 3Z3
Registration: This is a self-registration walk. Please ask for the walk box at the front counter. Available daily. To confirm hours call café – 250-474-2333
Contact: Wendy 250-812-5136
There are seven routes from this start point:
- Witty’s Lagoon/Hillman Trail Route “A” (10 km). This walk takes in Witty’s Lagoon, Sitting Lady Falls, the Hillman Trail and a portion of the Galloping Goose Trail before returning to the start. Trail rating is 2B.
- Devonian Park/Sea Bluff Farm Route “B” (10 km). Starting from My-Chosen Café follow streets and trails to Devonian Park. Walk along the beach then take rural roads and trails back to the café, passing through Sea Bluff Farm on your way. Trail rating is 2B.
- Galloping Goose Route “C” (5 km). This is a pleasant walk on rural streets and the Galloping Goose Trail. Trail rating is 2B.
- Witty’s Lagoon/Hillman Trail Route “D” (5 km). This is a shorter route that showcases Witty’s Lagoon Park and includes Sitting Lady Falls. A lovely alternative to the 10 km routes. Trail rating is 2B.
- Sea Bluff Farm/Pears Road Route “E” (11 km). Pass through Sea Bluff Farm with its farm stand and sheep galore, then follow rural roads and trails back to the start point. Trail rating is 2B.
- Witty’s Lagoon/Pears Road Route “F” (10 km). A picturesque ramble on trails, beaches and roads that passes by a historic church, a decorated fence, a waterfall and lots of sheep before returning to the start point. Trail rating is 2B.
- Witty’s Lagoon/Tower Point Route “G” (10 km). This is a remote start walk. Collect your map at My-Chosen Café, then drive to the parking lot for Witty’s Lagoon Regional Park (3920 Metchosin Road). Follow park trails, enjoying magnificent ocean views and passing historic Tower Point before returning to the parking lot. Trail rating is 2C.