Start point: Henderson Centre at Henderson Park, 2291 Cedar Hill Road, Victoria V8P 5H9
Registration: This is a self-registration event. Please ask for the walk box at the front desk. The Henderson Centre is open Monday to Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. May be closed for statutory holidays. Call 250-370-7000 for confirmation of hours.
Contact: Susan 250-727-6826
There are five routes from this start point:
- Uplands (5/10 km). This mostly paved route is by way of some of Victoria’s most attractive residential areas, with some water views. Trail rating is 2A.
- UVic Walk (5 km). An interesting walk through beautiful Finnerty Gardens, wooded trails and the centre of the campus of the University of Victoria. Trail rating is 1B.
- Mount Tolmie (10 km). A more challenging walk, going on the University of Victoria grounds, along residential streets, and up to the top of Mount Tolmie for a panoramic view of the city. Trail rating is 2B.
- Mystic Vale (5/10 km). A very scenic walk that passes through the beautiful Mystic Vale, visits Cadboro Bay and lovely trails in the grounds of Queen Alexandra Hospital and the UVic campus. Trail rating is 2B.
- Ten Mile Point (5/10 km). This route begins with a stroll along the beach on Cadboro Bay. The 5 km route then returns through Mystic Vale while the 10 km route first tours some of the lovely roads, trails and parks of Ten Mile Point. Trail rating is 2B.