Start Point: Coast Victoria Hotel, 146 Kingston Street, Victoria V8V 1V4
Registration: We regret that the walk box is unavailable. To obtain copies of the maps and directions please contact David at email@example.com. If you wish to do this walk on your own David can explain to you how to pay for the walk and how to obtain stamps.
Contact: Randy 250-590-7175
Programs: Capital Cities Walk, Dock and Walk, Famous Canadians
There are seven routes from this location:
- Beacon Hill and Government House (6/10 km). The 6 km walk features Beacon Hill Park and Cook Street Village. An additional 4 km loop goes through the gardens of Government House. Trail rating is 1A.
- James Bay (5 km). Walk around Victoria’s Inner Harbour, Fisherman’s Wharf and James Bay residential area. Trail rating is 1A.
- Heritage Walk (5/10 km). A walk that highlights many of Victoria’s heritage treasures. The map includes descriptions of the historical sites along the route. Trail rating is 1B.
- Beacon Hill (10 km). Walk around Victoria’s Inner Harbour, Fisherman’s Wharf and through the James Bay residential area and Beacon Hill Park. Trail rating is 1B.
- “Hands of Time” Walk (5/10 km). A fun treasure hunt! Walk around downtown Victoria, the Inner Harbour and Beacon Hill Park searching for ten small sculptures that depict the history of Victoria. Trail rating is 1A/2B.
- The Gorge Walk (5/10 km). Walk from Victoria to the Vic West area. The 10 km option goes over the Selkirk Trestle and along the Gorge waterway. Trail rating is 2B.
- Songhees (5/10 km). This walk follows the waterway around the Inner Harbour from Victoria to Esquimalt. Trail rating is 1B.