Start Point: Coast Victoria Hotel, 146 Kingston Street, Victoria V8V 1V4
Registration: This is a self-registration walk. The walk box is attached to the wall on the right as you enter the hotel, between the two sets of front doors. The box houses the registration binders and has a slot for money envelopes. Available daily.
Contact: Randy 250-590-7175
Programs: Capital Cities Walk, Dock and Walk, Famous Canadians
There are seven routes from this location:
- Beacon Hill and Government House (6/10 km). The 6 km walk features Beacon Hill Park and Cook Street Village. An additional 4 km loop goes through the gardens of Government House. Trail rating is 1A.
- James Bay (5 km). Walk around Victoria’s Inner Harbour, Fisherman’s Wharf and James Bay residential area. Trail rating is 1A.
- Heritage Walk (5/10 km). A walk that highlights many of Victoria’s heritage treasures. The map includes descriptions of the historical sites along the route. Trail rating is 1B.
- Beacon Hill (10 km). Walk around Victoria’s Inner Harbour, Fisherman’s Wharf and through the James Bay residential area and Beacon Hill Park. Trail rating is 1B.
- “Hands of Time” Walk (5/10 km). A fun treasure hunt! Walk around downtown Victoria, the Inner Harbour and Beacon Hill Park searching for ten small sculptures that depict the history of Victoria. Trail rating is 1A/2B.
- The Gorge Walk (5/10 km). Walk from Victoria to the Vic West area. The 10 km option goes over the Selkirk Trestle and along the Gorge waterway. Trail rating is 2B.
- Songhees (5/10 km). This walk follows the waterway around the Inner Harbour from Victoria to Esquimalt. Trail rating is 1B.