Start point: Greenhawk Equestrian Sport, 7154 West Saanich Road, Brentwood Bay V8M 1P6
Registration: This is a self-registration walk. Please ask for the walk box at the front counter in the store. Store hours are Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.; Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5:00 p.m. Confirm hours with store – 250-652-1002.
Contact: Carol 250-818-1481
There are five routes from this start point:
- Brentwood/Gowlland-Tod Park Walk Route “A” (10 km). This somewhat hilly walk follows streets to beautiful Brentwood Bay, continues on trails and streets to Gowlland-Tod Park and back to the start point via Gore Park. Trail rating is 2C.
- Brentwood Bay/Saanichton Town Walk Route “B” (10 km). This lovely, partly rural walk, winds through Saanichton on streets and trails taking in Centennial Park. Trail rating is 2B.
- Brentwood Bay/Marina Walk Route “C” (5 km). Explore the charming seaside village of Brentwood Bay, passing totem poles and the Brentwood Bay Marina. Trail rating is 2B.
- Brentwood Bay/Gowlland Tod, Oak Haven and Gore Parks Walk Route “D” (10 km). Explore Brentwood Bay on streets and trails, taking in Gowlland-Tod, Oak Haven and Gore Parks and enjoying lovely views from many vantage points. Trail rating is 2B.
- Brentwood Bay Gowlland-Tod/Gore Park Route “E” (10 km) This route is the reverse of Route “A”. Trail rating is 2C.